What is it?
What is a FODDERsolutions system?
- The system is a hydroponic growing room that has been specifically developed to sprout grain and legume seeds for highly nutritious yet cost effective livestock feed.
- A selection of grains and legume seeds are spread onto the specialised growing trays and are watered at pre-determined intervals with overhead sprays. A set temperature is maintained inside the chamber to ensure the best growth and highest nutritional value fodder possible.
- Each day you simply slide the feed out of the trays, rinse the tray, reseed and push the newly seeded tray into the other end. The system holds enough trays so your desired amount of feed is available everyday.
- The sprouts grow on the Fodder solutions specially designed sprouting trays with no growing medium.
- Feed quality barley germinates within 24 hours of seeding. The barley grows in the same tray for 6-days and is ready for harvest as a 15 to 20cm high grass mat.
- Generally it takes six days to grow from seeding to feed out. This can vary by 24 hours depending on how well you maintain a consistent temperature inside the system.
- The “sprout mat” is completely edible and highly nutritious as it is a living food. The animals will eat the entire mat, roots and green growth so there is no waste.
- FODDERsolutions do not add any nutrients. Our years of research and economic studies of nutrients prove that nutrients are neither viable nor necessary.
- Only a single phase 15amp power supply is needed. The rooms come complete ready to plug a 15amp lead into the power socket.
- The systems cost no more than $2/day in power costs to run as they are very well insulated and designed to be extremely power efficient.
- The systems can be used outside in a paddock but naturally they will perform better with lower running costs inside a shed or out of direct sunlight in the summer months.
- FODDERsolutions technology offers low operating costs and requires minimum labour. Depending on the system size, typical operation takes from only 15 to 60 minutes per day to harvest, clean and seed the FODDERsolutions system.
- FODDERsolutions portable systems range from 40 kg/day through to 500 kg/day. There are eight transportable systems, 6, 9, 12, 18, 24, 36, 42 and 63 biscuits per day. Each biscuit has an average weight of 8kg. For further information see pricing page.